Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 5, 2004, 5:06 PM   #1
Default Nikon CP 4300 and Mac OS 8.6

either my new Nikon Coolpix 4300 or the card reader I bought to go with it seem to know how to talk to my iMac. I'm running OS 8.6 and the software that came with the new technology seems only to want to talk to OS X... I have sent e-mails to both Nikon and the manufacturer of the card reader (which SAYS it should talk to OS 8.6 with "no driver installation"), with no response. Any hints out there or is it time for me to upgrade my beloved Mac? Thanks!
zeb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:36 PM   #2

Its been a few years since I used that OS,but I would check your Extensions Folder for a Nikon extension for your camera.Also check your software that came with the camera.Just might be something you overlooked and needs to be installed.If you find a bare extension on the software disk that says Nikon or coolpix 4300,just drag it to the Extensions Folder.If you do, you may have to restart.
Also check to see if its just not enabled.You might already have it.
Check your Extensions Manager.

Good luck.
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 9:24 PM   #3
Default 4300 and 8.6

I don't remember much of 8 either. Didn't the iMac come with 9? I would think that whatever original software on even the oldest iMac (Bondi 233) would have built-in USB support, meaning the reader should be fine. I know I've used it in the past with 9, but use Panther now on my Bondi blue iMac. Perhaps checking to make sure the USB extensions are all on in the Extension Manager will help.
srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote