Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 7, 2011, 4:51 AM   #1
Default Things I dislike about Nikon P300

I recently bought a P300 and first of all i would have to say its a great little camera and I enjoy using it whenever I cannot afford to carry my D90.
Some things I dislike about the p300 though are as follows, I thought that it might be useful for some of you who consider buying it.
1- It really does not have manual focus.
2- Focus is fast, but it hunts very much in tele, and especially in movie mode. It just works on good daylight effectively, otherwise dont scratch S95 for the lack of autofocus in movie mode.
3- Battery charges on the body not externally. And it charges really slow.
4- The ring dial around the four way controller is a little bit loose. One might change settings easily during shooting.
5- Although the camera has many dials, ISO cannot be changed without entering the menu.
6- When you zoom, aperture changes from f1.8 to f4.9 but when you zoom out it does not come back to f 1.8
7- Easy panaroma creates noisy panaromas.
8- No contrast adjustment
9- longest exposure is only 8 sec.
10- Battery+ memory card door is very very loose. It has opened almost every time in my pocket.
11- Battery indication is very poorly implemented. It almost has no stop. First its full, then a warning, then its exhausted.
12- zoom is very very slow in movie mode, but it does not change the fact that zoom noise will be recorded during filming.
13- No spot metering.
echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links