Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 31, 2011, 8:00 AM   #1
Default Anyone used both Nikon 8100 & Panasonic ZS7?

Hi! I'm interested in this type of camera, I've eliminated HX5V. I know these cameras have limitations, but I really want a decent zoom with the kids. I've missed oh so many shots in the past years. I've read about the quirky things with the low light during focusing on the Nikon, but it sounds like it still takes better shots than the ZS7 by a small margin when you do get the shot. I was debating, but I think I'd rather be annoyed and get a shot, then not get any shot..? Trade-offs. I think their IQ looks to be pretty good on both. Costco has the Nikon for $249, or something like that, I would have to buy the ZS7 on-line. Same price too. I'm thinking buying it at Costco and trying it would be a good bet, plus a 2 year warranty if I like it (I've been seeing a lens error with this model). They both appear to have setting that you have to learn and fuss with, not totally p&s. Learn your camera I guess is the lesson there.

I thought maybe if I went down to a 7-9 zoom I'd find something that has a little better light capability in the evening, but I haven't seen that yet in any reviews. If the low light capability is just as poor, I might as well stick to the better zoom. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
cmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links