Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 15, 2002, 2:32 PM   #11

Originally posted by Agence Future
I also really liked the 5700 vieuwfinder ( I shoot a lot of my pics in very sunny places and do not really like LCD screens)…and that the overall feel of it is similar to my SLR’s
That was the singular buying decision for me. You can focus the 5700 in Brilliant sunlight at your back - with my 995 all I could see was a reflection of my lips, mouth and nose! Even if you can read the LCD screen in bright light it can still be difficult to tell if the object is really focused - no problem in the electronic viewfinder.
DreamU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:40 PM   #12

Hello to all,

I used in past the NIKON coolpix885 3.2 mgpx. Have to say the camera is grate. Many optiones and manual modes. It only has one defect, some 5-10 pixels in the up-center were damaged on the matrix or so. However, it was the managable issue (photoshop). But one day, I have connected teh camera to another laptop and it shown "system error" on the display. Since then, my camera is dead, and I couldn't find the way to clue it. (no tech support/warranty in my country).

So I bought F707. Laready one month of operation and I am rather happy. Of course 5 mgpxls is quite an issue. The wight balance modes are not that precise as well as there is no B/W shoting mode.

Easy to use & navigate. Hope to have helped.
CEBEP is offline   Reply With Quote