Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 27, 2004, 2:28 PM   #1
Default Coolpix 4500

HELP Pros and Cons of 4500.

Have read a lot about this Camera. Have never been able to have one in my hands. It seems to have lots of room to grow
as a beginner.

Or is something like the 5400 or different brand going to give the most bang for the buck?

4500 is available for $369. Seems like a good deal if the camera is as good as the newer models coming out now.

Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

Kuip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2004, 3:29 PM   #2

Almost every one of my camera reviews done in 2003 used photos from the Coolpix 4500 - it was my primary product photography camera. It is an excellent camera and that is a good price for it.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 6:12 PM   #3

I own a 4500 and I am probally biased. I had narrowed it down to a refurb 4500 or a new 5700. I previously had a 995 that I loved , It got cleaned up by accident (yes I was pissed) I really wanted to get the 5700 and I had the ok to do so but, It was not twice as much camera to me so I brought a 4500. I am very happy with it. The only thing that I dont like is that they made the LCD smaller. On the other hand the 4500 feels better than the 995.

If you want to see the possibilites of a 4500 here is a link to a thread I posted before where I stacked teleconverter lenses so that I could exceed the reach of a 5700 eith the nikon 1.5X attached.

For me the 4500 is a very versitale camera.
Did I mention the digiscoping that you can do with it also ? 8)

ronald4500 is offline   Reply With Quote