Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:45 PM   #1
Default Comparing Nikon L810 vs Fujifilm S4500

I am thinking of buying either the nikon or the Fujifilm because of the zoom. In comparing the spec, the Nikon is slightly on top, not much. However, I am more interested in actual experience, or hands on reivew. Unfortunately, both are too new to have any review. Anybody seen a review or happened to have play of both camera?

I am NOT a professional photographer. I am just an average user, as long as the picture looks sharp, I would be happy. I have seen some review about the picture quality

1) Nikon: sometimes is blurry (OMG! a Nikon?)
2) Fujifilm: Judge from the history, you got what you paid for (not sure how to interprete that wrt picture quality)

$wise, both are about $197 from Amazon.com

Again, sharp picture is what I am looking for. and, in the end, if both are not good, then suggest other superzoom point and shoot camera in the same price range.

Last edited by bunanson; Jul 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM.
bunanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:29 AM   #2

Most cameras like this don't do well with sharpness in the longest focal length. For $197 you are expecting a lot more than what that would buy. Not the answer you are looking for but it really comes down to your own findings and not really the opinions of others. I do look on PBase to see examples posted of a camera I am considering to buy a camera. Right now I see point of diminishing returns on what has been coming out. It does cost more but I find the Canon SX HS40 to be good to excellent for the type of camera it is.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote