Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 17, 2002, 9:23 AM   #1
Default 4500 sreen hood advice

I had my 4500 a week and I'm enjoying getting to know it - no problems so far, except viewing the screen in bright conditions. I've seen a generic LCD hood which works like bellows that would probably do the job - one version incoroprates a magnifying lens as well. It fits by small velcro pads.

I usually prefer the genuine article if possible. Does anyone use the Nikon HL-CP10 LCD hood? What's it like, how does it fit and how much does it cost?
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2002, 9:51 AM   #2
Default Stay Tuned............

It will be a month or more away, but the premier manufacturer of sunshades/loupe is PhotoSolve in California. They make the Xtend-a-View units which are a "standard" for viewing in bright light.

The CP4500 has a much smaller than "standard" LCD, so existing Xtend-a-View as well as Nikon's own sunshade doesn't fit the CP4500.

A new properly sized sunshade is presently being developed and will be available as soon as testing and fitting on the prototype is completed. This will be a small, high quality metal unit which will mate properly with the CP4500 and should be the best thing available.

I will post information immediately when the unit is ready for market. Unless Nikon has plans for a new unit, this will be the only sunshade designed specifically for this application available.

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote