Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:33 PM   #1
Default Power for 4300

I think I've narrowed my camera search down to the 4300, so now I'm trying to figure out the spare battery situation. Basically, I want to make sure I know what all my options are before I spend any extra money.

I'm assuming the thing to do is to buy an extra Nikon battery -- they seem to run $40 pretty much everywhere. Have I missed any other options for powering the camera?

I don't think I'd want to deal with an external battery pack, so I'd be looking at internal battery options only.

Thanks for your help!
sstratt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:31 AM   #2

If you don't want to use an external battery pack and using a mains connection via a battery charger isn't an option (some chargers have this facility some don't, even for the same camera) then a spare battery is the way to go.

Bear in mind that the amount of battery time you'll get will largely depend on how much you use your LCD. With my 4500 I definitely need 2 batteries, with my D100 I've never used the spare.

Be careful of any low cost alternatives offered as there have been some fakes around. Some of them don't hold as much charge as the real thing, others may damage your camera. There's an old thread about this somewhere.....

checklg is offline   Reply With Quote