Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Mar 16, 2004, 3:03 PM   #1
Default Nikon 8700

This mail is coming from my work e-mail....I would prefer any responses to go to my home e-mail.....hollis@jett.net....thanks!

I just bought a Nikon 8700 and have some questions about add-on lenses and filters.....I got some aftermarket lenses which I think I will send back and get Nikon lenses instead (wide angle and tele). The filters they sent me (52mm) only seem to fit on the lens adapters, even though there seems to be a "ledge" inside the outermost part of the lens on the camera (the part that sticks out the farthest when you zoom out). I also read in Steve's review that adapters will work on the lens hood, but that it requires a 77mm filter. Are there any filters that will just go on the camera itself, or is that just an inherent issue with a non-SLR camera? I can put the filters on both of the adapters they sent, but then have to limit the zoom "throw" by setting it in the menus for WA or Tele, and in order to have full zoom, I have to stack both adapters....this seems to result in a situation where I have to be halfway zoomed out in order to escape the "tunnel vision" effect.....I would like to be able to use filters as I do a lot of landscape photography (and other outdoor photos).........any input out there regarding Nikon vs. aftermarket lenses (I suspect Nikon will win here) and the filter situation....? Other than those two issues and the awkward positioning of the "Size", etc., buttons, I'm VERY pleased with the photo quality and the camera in general......of course, I going from an Olympus D-620L to this, so it's quite a step up.....

Would very much appreciate any advice at anyone's convenience out there.....will check for messages when I get home tonight....

Thank you!
Hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links