Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 5, 2004, 2:07 PM   #1
Default Great Action shots with 5700

I took my son to a carnival where they had a very big slide to go down. This is how I was able to get great shots.

1. Turn off the noise reduction. If you leave it on, you canít take continuous shots.

2. Turn the shutter to continuous shots high

3. Keep the focus on the single not continuous mode. If you put it on the continuous mode, it will spend too much time on focusing and not enough time on taking pictures.

4. I put the metering on spot metering to focus on my subject who would be in the middle.

5. I kept the zoom to a point where you had a good feeling of the size of the slide, and took the photos on my knees so you are getting the height of the slide as well. However still close enough so you can see the expression on my sonís face.

6. Then I pushed the button down half way and focused on the middle of the slide.

7. Jpeg fine of course

8. As soon as I saw him sitting at the top of the slide I started shooting. There is about a 1 Ĺ to 2-second delay from this distance. The first time I took the shots he was half way down the slide before the camera started taking photos. So you need to push all the way down on the button before he started going down.

9. Needless to say the camera picked 200 ISA and the photos came out great.

Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:45 AM   #2

Thanks Blueberry. Will add the tip to my 'Tips and Techniques' notebook.

Sting :idea:
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote