Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:48 PM   #1
Default Help me choose a Nikon digital SLR

I have been shooting with a Nikon 8008S for over 12 years and am now looking to add a digital Nikon. I take sports pictures that are published. I also take pictures for friends and family such as engagement pics and wedding pics, portraits, vacation pics,etc. I want to be able to enlarge to 11x14 or larger. I have been comparing the Nikon D70 and Nikon D2H. Which do you recomend to fit my needs? Is the difference in cost worth going with the D2H?
Jan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2004, 9:35 AM   #2

Go with the D70, you won't regret it, many new features, newer technology and cheaper than the D2H!
private is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 9:31 AM   #3

I would also opt for the D70.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2004, 9:44 AM   #4

I just picked up my D70 2 days ago and I really like it. I'm almost intimidated by it as I have not touched an SLR of any sort in4 years (and even then I was really green). I have quite a learning curveahead of me sincemy Canon G3. The camera capabilities and settings alone are enough to keep me busy for a couple of weeks, but then thow in my SB-800 flash and it's settings and capabilities. Jees!:?:?:?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
The wireless flash capabilities are just too cool for words. :lol::lol::lol:I played with it briefly the other night and practically drove my son nuts.

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote