Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 19, 2004, 4:37 PM   #11

Thanks for the input. I will be happy with the Ultra II even if it only performs at the same speed as the Lexar. I just want a fast solid state card to take to Africa with me just in the case that the Hitachi Microdrive fails. If I find that I am missing shots due to the Microdrive, then I will switch to the Ultra II immediately.
David 8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:24 PM   #12

I am using a Sandisk Ultra II 512MB and I sometimes experience some delays between shots. I need some more memory and I see that there a lot of good deals on the Lexar 40x cards with WA. I confirm on Nikon Support site that CP8700 will not use the WA technology. So now I wonder which is the best card between the Lexar 40x or the Sandisk Ultra II. Also any advise on camera setting to speeddelays up will be appreciated. I normally takemy pictures at 8MBjpgonfine mode.

Anybody knows how Scandisk Extreme compares with the Ultra II in this camera ?

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:27 AM   #13

Hi David,
I use the Ritek Ridata 512 MB card. I've shot over 6900 pics on two of them and other than formatting them when I first got them I've had no problems, lost images, nothing. I shoot a combo of FINE/Large Jpegs (2.5-3.0mb) and TIFFS (23mb) each. Around the house, I shoot the jpegs, on the road, only tiffs.
Here is where I bought them: http://www.meritline.com/ridsupfas51c.html

Good Luck.
jmoro is offline   Reply With Quote