Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 23, 2002, 11:46 AM   #1
Default Nikon Coopix 885 Question

Hi everyone!
Im considering buying the Nikon Coolpix 885. I have more concern and I have not been able to find an answer on this site or others. Does this camera support black and white pics? Is there a b&w mode? This is my first digital coming from 35mm. Any help is appreciated.
Unknown0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2002, 3:47 PM   #2

My guess is yes - my 950 (earlier camera) did shoot black & white and had the neat abiltiy to display black and white only on the viewscreen.

The nice thing about this is that you can get a good idea of the shot in B&W before taking.

All digicams can render black & white if you want to play around in an image editor back at the computer - iPhoto for the Mac has this as one of the few options.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2002, 6:49 PM   #3

Yes indeed the 885 takes B&W shots. It is a very compact camera, which is great to take anywhere, anytime. There is a fully automatic mode or 12 more specific scene ,modes, B&W or custom mode, where you can choose settings as well as nice add on lenses you can buy. I've had mine about a month so I'm still learning, but the menus are plainly spelled out so your not constantly trying to figure out what a particular symbol means. Its really easy believe me, I'm a dummy. I love mine R. M.
rmottola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2002, 11:48 AM   #4

coolpix885 is the grate camera. It was my first one. Rather small and have many features.

Trust the question regarding b&w pics is already answered. However, even if camera doesn't offer b&w pics, it could be easelly solved by the imaging software.

The sad story is that once upon a time, my coolpix 885 have shown "system error" on it's LCD screen and since then R.I.P.

Good luck.

[Edited on 4-10-2002 by CEBEP]
CEBEP is offline   Reply With Quote