Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 16, 2002, 7:51 PM   #1
Default 4500 and shutter lag

I'm seriously considering a CP4500 but am a bit concerned about complaints re its long shutter lag. Should I be? (I'm not a professional photographer by any means)
docalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2002, 1:21 AM   #2

I donít think you should be concerned, but at the end of the day it depends on what you are planning to use the camera for.

Iíve found the shutter lag with the CP4500 seems to mainly depend on the focussing options you use. If you are using single auto-focus (during which the camera checks focus before taking a shot) there will be a delay of at least a couple of seconds.

One way around this (depending on the nature of your subject) is to press the shutter release half way in order to check the focus at the distance youíre working at and then fully depress the shutter as the subject comes into frame.

I find that this combination works quite well for my type of work (mainly bird photography through a telescope). To start of with I got a number of blank shots (or the birds tail as it walked out of shot), but you do get into the timing of how the bird moves if youíve been watching it for a while. Also, you can minimise this problem through using single auto-focus and continuous shot selected (the camera continues to shoot as long as the shutter button is fully depressed).

On balance Iíd describe myself as a very satisfied user of the CP4500.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote