Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 21, 2002, 1:19 PM   #1
Default Problems with my CP 5700

My 2 1/2 month old 5700 has some problems.

The flash doesn't always pop up on it's own. I hear a click like it has been released, but it doesn't pop up, and I get a red warning in the viewfinder. If I nudge the flash assembly, it will then pop up.
Something wrong with the catch?

There is a top to bottom blue line on the lcd about 1/4 of the way in from the left hand side. I'm not sure how many pixels wide it is. It started out faint and now is really bright.
Bad LCD?

The zoom toggle switch seems to be mounted crooked, the right side doesn't protude as far from the body as the left side does. It was this way when I got it. It didn't stop me from taking pictures, but really is a hassle to zoom in, you have to push pretty hard on the right side of the switch to get it to go.
Are all 5700 zoom switches like this?

I talked with the place I purchased it from and since I have had it more than 30 days, I will have to send it in to Nikon.
Anybody have any experience with Nikon's service department? They have a fast turn around? They are not too far from me, ups ground is only one day away. Just wondering if they fix them fast and if they try to charge for that stuff.

SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2002, 4:02 PM   #2

since your under warrenty from nikon there should be no charge. turn around is usually 2 wks or less
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 8:37 PM   #3

I got my CP5700 about 3 weeks ago and to date I have had no problems. Both LCD screens are fine and the zoom toggle is even. I hope the service from Nikon is fast for you.

mysecretworld is offline   Reply With Quote