Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 19, 2004, 7:51 PM   #11

Hi = I too think my 8800 is a superb camera. It replaced a fujifilm S602Z and as good as that was - this is vastly superior. I did order the filter but they are backordered right now.

In auto-mode the camera adjusts the iso between 50 and 200 and i have yet to find a picture that was noticeably noisey. Then again i am not a perfectionist nor do i print large pictures. This camera is just plain easy and fun to use ..

I can also say that nikon tech support is very good - reasonably quick to answer emails and/or the phone. I initially got a bad battery so they overnighted me a battery and charger (just in case) along with a prepaid mailer to send the old ones back. That was service - especially as i had not even registered it yet.

Now i just need tofind a side byside flash bracket for the sb-600 flash.

jmadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2004, 9:17 PM   #12

Hi, I have had my 8800 about one month and just love it! I too look forward to Steve's review. I am pleased with both my indoor and outdoor photos. Just patiently waiting for the reviews and for the accessories.

Darlene Goff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:56 AM   #13

The Scubbler wrote:
While I think of it, Steve. Any chance you would know of any filter options other than Nikon for this camera ? The poorest feature, for me, is the "odd" size filter threads. I'd enjoy your thoughts on why they couldn't make the threads 52mm, like so many film filters.

Pop over to www.nextphoto.net where you can find adaptors for proper non-nikon filters. I've got the 58mm adaptor and it works very well.
hollis_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:05 PM   #14

Thanks for the link. I think I may have to go that route as the Nikon offerings are few and not currently available. It's also good that the lens can retract with the adapter on ...I've tried some homemade fixes that failed due to that concern.

Steve (not The)
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote