Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:24 PM   #1

I have been very happy with the quality of pictures that my 880 delivers however, we have two concerns.

First, many of our indoor pictures have red eye. Second, we miss many excellent shots (mostly indoors)of our two young children because of the delay. I would very much appreciate any comments & suggestions on how to solve these issues.

I am open to upgrading my Nikon. We would like to use if for family pictures, sports shots & scenery.

We look forward to your responses & suggestions.

ADLieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2006, 7:28 PM   #2

I had the same problem as you . For the red eye i removed it with a photo editing software. It worked about 85% of the time. But i was often fustrated by the lag from the shutter and or the flash. I missed out on a ton of pictures due to that. WHen it finally crapped out on me while taking pictures at a NY Islander practice before the game ( which were hard to do with all the moving) i decided to get the camera i have been eyeing for almost a yr.

I finally jumped into the DSL realm. I bought the Nikon D50 and boy am i glad i did. I have not missed 1 shot yet and i have taken over 2000 oictures in a little under 2 months. I wont go into details of what it has but i Love it. If you have the 880 you know how much of a battery hof it is. I have 3 rechargables for it ( they are almost 5 yrs old) but i go thru them like water. I need ot take all 3 with me if i go out for fear of being caught with no battery. With the D50 i charged it when i first got it and have not charged it again yet. The batter doesnt drive the lens and you don't view your subject thru the lcd screen until after you took the picture ( and only when you hit the button to view) so that is how it lasts so long.

Sorry to ramble but i love this camera. It will set you back about $650 - $700 give or take if you find it on sale maybe less, to get started. You will not regret it.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
joegotalota is offline   Reply With Quote