Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:20 AM   #1
Default 5700 focus challenged

got to play with a 5700 yesterday at a camera store.
however, one thing i don't understand about it...
i tried to focus while pointing it at something out past the store doors 50' away and it wouldn't focus. it just stayed fuzzy.

i tried to see if the auto focus was set to on, continuous, or manual, but was menu challenged when i came up against the menu system. the menu system on this thing is going to take some getting used to and not for the faint of heart.

the salesperson said that it needed a CF in it in order for it to focus. After he put a CF card in it, it seemed to focus ok, but was stepping up to the focus very slowly.

somehow i was under the impression that it should focus with/without any memory in it? is he right? :?
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:00 AM   #2

It will focus whether you have the CF in it or not!
If you focus on very dark areas and in dim light the focus will go in and out and have difficulties to hold the focus. That's pretty normal for digicams. Some's better than others. To be honest the Coolpix series uses a messures the light in a way that makes it difficult to focus in dim or darker light. I.e the Minolta Dimage 7 series uses another system, which makes it better to focus with...
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote