Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 19, 2002, 10:09 PM   #1
Default Photoshop Elements

Hey All -

Anyone have experience with this software? I really don't want to spend $700 for the full blown version. Any advantages over the Nikon View 5?

Any comments welcome.
pjacktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2002, 8:22 AM   #2
Default Photoshop Elements

Most people would use an image browser (Nikon View 5) and photo editing software (Photoshop Elements) together. I.E. you would retrieve your images from the camera or storage card using Nikon View (4 or 5). Once you retrieve all your images you should save a copy of them to your hard drive. Then you can open them with Elements and make any adjustments you deem necessary.

I hope this helps. Photoshop Elements is one of the most cost effective photo editors on the market.

wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2002, 12:35 PM   #3

Adobe has a 30 day trial version of Elements available on the web at:

It's a hefty d/l (111mb I think). Amazon has it for $89 plus a $30 competitive rebate from Adobe.

Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2002, 12:21 AM   #4

I bought PS Elements about six months ago. It's not particularly easy to learn, but if you make the effort, it's a great photo editing program. The main features it lacks, compared to the full-up Photoshop 7.0, which costs about $600, are Curves, and Actions. Also, it cannot work with color depth greater than 8-bits (24-bit RGB). If you can get your hands on a copy of Photoshop LE 5.0, it is essentially an older version of the full Photoshop, and it has those features. It is often packaged with scanners or cameras. I got it with my Minolta film scanner.
If you want to learn more about Photoshop, here is a link to their user forums. I spend a lot of time there. Some great people, who are very helpful!
Bert Bigelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 11:08 AM   #5

YOu may find the Paint Shop Pro 7 is a better option if you can't afford the full photoshop package.
JTravern is offline   Reply With Quote