Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 21, 2005, 4:13 PM   #1

First one, Conspiring in the Dark. Light was bounced off of a white board to the left of the picture.

Second shot, B&W mode, flash used off camera to the right with a sync cable aimed just past the right hand side of the subject. Subject was inside a black cabinet hence the background.

Third shot, macro shot with the flash directly above the subject with the wideangle adapter on the flash to diffuse the lighting a bit more.

For those that haven't done so yet, I suggest you play around with B&W mode. As I see it, the increased 'detail' arises from a better dynamic range because I capture a lot more detail from what would otherwise be an under or over exposed area in colour mode. Someone with a bit of photoshopping talent could use this to combine the detail of one shot with the colour of another shot and end up with some even more incredible photos. And in doing so could pass on their techniques to share with the rest of us?
JakobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:49 AM   #2

Hi Jakob,

Very interesting pictures! I think I like the cat best or the rose. I have not yet tried any experiments yet, I am still figuring out what the 8800 can do for me.

I feel almost guilty not having used my 4500 in the last few weeks, but that will come into action when my cacti start flowering.

What other thing have you tried to take picture off in a different way?

You are right that people could produce real art work like that. Well Done!

Greetings from

Ps. here is one I tried. The flower was hanging down, so I used the swivel monitor to see the flower from underneath against the sky.
Attached Images
frailea123 is offline   Reply With Quote