Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 9, 2002, 10:29 PM   #11

Oh good, you got back just in time...we leave tomorrow morning for a Caribbean cruise, then to New York to spend Christmas with our daughter Julie and family.
Re: moving on from the 950. I agree with you. I also have had mine for over three years...it was my first digital camera. As you can see from my signature line below, I already moved on to an Olympus E20. I wanted a D100, but it would have been over $3K with a good zoom lens. I also considered the CP 5700, but I really wanted an optical TTL viewfinder, like my old film SLRs had. I'm very happy with the E20 so far. I've had it about a month. This trip will be a chance to really wring it out.
Anyway, glad I could help with the Shutter Priority problem. I'm going to keep the 950 for those times when I want to "travel light." I enjoy hiking, and the E20 might be a bit of a burden...as would the D100.
BTW, the CCD in interchangeable lens SLRs is subject to dust contamination when you remove the lens...one of the reasons I opted for the non-interchangeable-lens E20 which is sealed. I decided the 4x zoom would meet my needs...at least for now. Maybe in a few years...a D100, or whatever its successor is....
Bert Bigelow is offline   Reply With Quote