Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Mar 4, 2005, 4:58 PM   #1

Went to Camera store to try and buy a Cp8800 the other day. I need telephot and some kind of Image stailazation. Well took several close shot and long ones with natural light in store and all but 1 was blurry, checked to make sure VR was on, it was. Graded a n-70 and pic were better. I have an older Oly C-2100 uz with an IS feature. Its had to get a blurry pic even under low light conditions. Could something have been wrong with the demo camera???? Also the Lcd was very hazy, it was hard to tell about exp and clarity even with the pic zoomed...Any Opions would be Helpful As I need new camera soon. Thanks Al
folkcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:19 PM   #2

There are a few things that can make the image appear blurry. It could be from camera shake but could also be out of focus.

This camera is more complex than a simple point and shoot and some of the solutions to these problems area bit complex too. I'm findingsome pics with my 8800 to be out of focus when set at maximum zoom, but it appears to be because of thefocus setting and the position of my subject in relation to other objects in the frame.

Also, the image stabilization only works to a degree. If you are at maximum zoom and the camera is at 1/30 th of a sec I don't think you will get a crisp image. Stabilization is handy, but a bit over rated.

This is a fine camera but you will need to learn quite a bit to get the most out of it.
GregHal is offline   Reply With Quote