Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

View Poll Results: CP5700 or Dimage7i ?
Nikon 5700 15 71.43%
Minolta Dimage 7i 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 23, 2002, 3:11 PM   #11
Default Klaus - All With Your 5700?

Hi Klaus, I took a look at your Gallery (very impressive, beautiful, BTW :-) and was wondering if the 5700 was your camera of choice for all or most of those pictures? The reason I ask is that while comparing a Minolta, a Fuji and the 5700, I found the 5700 rendered color better and focused better, but the contrast and the images in general, especially of people, seemed quite harsh in comparison with the other two cameras (perhaps it was the way I had the 5700 set up?). Granted, I was simply using the built-in flash, but that was true for the Minolta and Fuji as well.

davidlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 11:23 AM   #12

Well gentleman, with my trip comming up in a month I made the plunge. Of course, not to mention I got a deal on it that I really couldn't pass up.

I got the 5700 and absolutely love it I picked up the camera at Ritz for 999.99 (a full 200 less than their retail price) as well as a 1gb IBM Microdrive, 2 extra EN-EL1's and some other odds and ends. All said and done it was ~$1400 USD out the door so I feel I got a pretty good deal considering it was all new and if I have any problems I can go back to Ritz. I also managed to get 12 months of 0% financing on it which helped considering we just put $2500 on a Disney trip

After playing with the camera in a dimly lit room I've realized that the low-light capabilites of the 5700 are going to be perfectly fine for what I need. I'll never be shooting in pitch black so I think i'm good. Plus I've heard rumors of a new firmware update that will combat the low-light problems even more.

I wanted to thank you all for the help in making my decision. I know now that I've made the right one.
LordAthens is offline   Reply With Quote