Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 15, 2002, 10:31 PM   #1
Default Hi all

Hello all I have been reading and it seems quite civilized here. I wont say where I was frequenting but lets just say the photograhpy is not the top topic much anymore. I think this will be my new home page no it will me my new home page. I have a nikon 5700 with the battery pack. I post pictures at www.pbase.com/rellek. I hope the both learn and contribute here in a meaningfull way.
KKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:59 AM   #2

you've peaked my curiousity.
many people have said that they have a really hard time and are not too crazy about the way the 5700 handles shooting in very low ligh situations or action shots.

however, you seem to have combined perhaps 3 of the worst shooting situations, come out totally unscathed, and put the critics to rest ....kids, motion, and low light shooting. how did you do it and any special setups? i'm really impressed with the clarity and sequence of events of a bouncing football. did you fire the shots in rapid succession or single shots?
Old Dec 16, 2002, 3:44 PM   #3
Default Well I am glad you asked.

It was total darkness so had to crank up iso to 800. Yes I know noise but neatimage is amazing tool and helped with that. Know the evf is very dark. I have been shooting a long time and learned to keep both eyes opened. So I used the eye that was not looking in the evf to catch the action. I am also avid sports shooter. And have lots of practice catching the action. Never liked depending on motor drive to catch it for me. These were all single shots. The focus was set to auto but manual area so it always used center area. Also had no sharpening and low contrast. tried not to zoom to far out. That is for two reasons one to keep shutter speed high enough and to avoid focus problems. The weird part was that most of the time the green led for focus was always blinking. but the image was always sharp in the evf. I hope this helps.
KKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2002, 4:01 PM   #4
Default Hey There!

Always nice to see new and friendly shooters here!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote