Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:28 PM   #11

I have a 58 mm filter adapter from next photo and when I use my polerizer, with my skylite filter, is always on my camera,I get a lot of vignetting. I would recomend a larger size adapter, but the 58 looks great with the camera.
Attached Images
Capt of Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 5:53 PM   #12

Just want to approve Steve's recommendation. Right from the start I bought the camera with the lens hood and two filters, UV and polarizer. Sometimes I am using them in combination (polarizer over UV), and I never saw any vignetting... I have not tried more filters together (just don't have them yet),
but it seems pretty safe with 67 mm adapter (there is a lot of room with extra 10 mm) By the way, this Nikon lens hood has a small "window" for user's finger to rotate the polarizer installed within the hood (there is also a cover for this window)

Good luck!
solitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 6:26 AM   #13

Thanks for all the info. I will get the Nikon lens hood and the polorizer filter, but after looking around, I have another question. Nikon makes the telephoto and wide angle lenses but they have no front threads to add filters. I see Raynox makes these lenses and they do have the front threads. Any comments on these?
starship is offline   Reply With Quote