Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1

I have read other posts on this and I think I am ready to order but being new I have a few questions on the adaptor and a UV filter

1) If I buy the 62mm adaptor from nextphoto,any brand (as long as the thread size is 62) will fit and I can leave the filter on when I turn the camera off. (If I am wrong here please correct me). When looking on bhphoto the price difference is $16 for a sunpak up to about $90 for one of the B+W UV filters. The main goal for this filteris lens protection.

Is there a difference in picture quality with the more expensive filters?

Will there be any vignetting with the filter?

Iam also considering a lens shade. Do I look for one that will fit the 62mm adaptor?

Can I put this right over the filter?

I'm sorry if thease are dumb questions or have been answered already I just want to be sure I am looking at the right things before I place the order.

Thank you all in advance
deetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:42 PM   #2

A few quick answers to your questions. All of these answers relate to the CP8800:

You will be able to leave the nextphoto/filter combo on the camera and turn it off ( I have this combo for my 8800)

Yes, there is a difference in quality between cheap and expensive filters. If you can't go for the B+W, Hoya makes good quality filters which are in the middle price range between Sunpak and B+W

There shouldn't be an vignetting with a 62mm filter. I have a 58 adaptor too, and see no issues with the smaller filter.

If you are going to get a lens shade, get the Nikon one made for the camera. Otherwise you will likely have vignetting. The Nikon lens shade attaches directly to the lense (no adaptor needed), and also accepts 67mm filters.

Hope this helps.

eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 6:25 PM   #3

Thank You EB this is great help
deetle is offline   Reply With Quote