Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:01 AM   #11

:roll: Hoping to get some advice. I am not a pro, nor am I a semi-pro. I just like taking pictures. I plan on taking some photography classes this coming May.

I have been looking at the Nikon 5700 for the past few months and fill that this is a camera I can grow with. I plan on purchasing the camera in March. What I would like to know is, are there any rumors out there that maybe a New Nikon Coolpix is coming out and I should wait. The other question is, if I should not wait, what accessories should I get with the intentional purchase to help protect the lens and maybe battery life.

Thank you for any advice that can be given.
AdeptJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2003, 3:23 PM   #12

Hi AdeptJR,

I have had my 5700 for just over a month now and have no regrets. The image and color quality is extremely accurate. I use it for the new business (less than a month old) I have started and though I have only had friends and family as "clients" they are very happy with the portraits I made for them. The accessories I bought (with the help from the people here at Steve's Forum) were the:

MB-E5700 Battery pack, it holds 6 AA batteries and mounts to the underside the of 5700 body via the tripod mount...and a nice counter balance for the SB-80DX SpeedLight :lol:
Also, I have a SanDisk Ultra 256MB card ...another 256MB or 512MB will be needed when I get a wedding shoot ;-)
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote