Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 24, 2003, 4:46 PM   #1
Default Next CP Model To Follow Nikon 4500

I've been doing some research on a digital camera for myself and like the Nikon 4500.

I had noticed some rebate offers on the 4500 and was wondering if there is a new model coming out to takes its place anytime soon?!?

When does Nikon usually make annoucements for new product models?

I'm a newbie and was wondering how important is the AF Assist that the 4500 lacks for indoor shots?

I was thinking of holding off for the next cp model that will take the place of the 4500, providing it's not too far off. Do you think the next model will include the AF Assist feature?

Other features I would like to see is a bigger LCD and the top display like on the 995 model.

Thanks for the info!
htdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:23 PM   #2

Hi Dude

You really shouldnt use so much energy thinking about the next model of CP.
You can be certain of one thing. Nikon (and all others manufacturers) already has the follow up for the follow up digicam for the cp4500/5700 ready on the drawingboard...
No matter what, you wont be able to buy "in advance" and you will-be sorry soon, because when you just bought your digicam- the next soon will be annonced.

We're living in the electronic middelage!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 2:46 PM   #3

Hi Klaus,
I agree 100% with your advice, but just checking to see if I might have missed anything on a new upcoming model due out anytime soon.

More than likely whatever I buy the new model will be anounced the very next day.

I'm still doing research on digicams and now leaning toward getting the G3 instead.

They both have their Pros & Cons.

htdude is offline   Reply With Quote