Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:49 AM   #1

I have a nikon coolpix 3700, whenever I used the video mode and play the short clip, there sure to be a zee zee sound background sound. I called the nikon agent and they told me it was due to the autofocusing of the len and cannot be avoided.

1. Is it true ?

2. can it be removed cos it quite loud and irritating?

3. If I wished to get a new camera ( small to medium size and use SD card) can anyone recommmend one that have good video mode.

tionglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:53 AM   #2

Sorry, I've no answers, but you've actually reminded me about a similar problem, which occurs everytime I use video mode on my Nikon CP5700. So, I'll describe it here, in case anyone has an idea of what's causing it, and if there's anything that can be done to fix it..

My annoying video sound is like a repeating series of short clack sounds: cla-cla-clack... cla-cla-clack... cla-cla-clack...

That's why I usually edit my movie files and either save them without sound altogether, or remove the original sound and add voiceover or some other stuff to replace it.

It's not really bothering me that much as I use video mode rarely, but it's something I remember everytime I DO use it, yet I've kept forgetting it by the time I get online.. :?
Stello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:10 PM   #3

Only thing I can think of is to set the camera in a focusing mode where the focus remains fixed, like in a landscape or manual mode and then avoid using the zoom.
Use the smallest aperture you can get away with to maximize depth of field.
I'm not into shooting video on my camera, so I don't keep up on that function to offer any recommendations, but do a site search on this site and you will likely find some good info'. I remember seeing some detailed posts and advice on this subject though I can't say exactly where.
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote