Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Mar 30, 2003, 10:39 AM   #1
Default CoolPix 4500 Red, any with US warranty?

Does anyone know if any of the CoolPix 4500 cameras with the red on the front have a US warranty?

I am thinking about buying one from a Canadian seller off of eBay if it does.

I do not care for the blue version and I do not want to get into warranty problems if it turns out to be a grey market camera.

Nikon just emails telling me to check the serial number, pretty hard to do since it is a eBay item. Might be possible to do by emailing the seller but since it is eBay I wanted to take the extra precaution by asking Nikon. Seems strange that Nikon cannot even answer this question to me.
flylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2003, 11:43 AM   #2

Nikon says the have World warranty - but hey...that not right. If you take a look at the warrantycard you will see, that it says "world warranty".
BUT on digital product there's NO world warranty. The warranty on Nikon product here in Europe only counts if I buy a europaen Nikon product!

If I were you (I'm obvious not) I'd call Nikon for an answer! It's a pretty important issue - isn't it ?
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 9:29 PM   #3

The 4500's with blue on the front are the US cameras with a US warranty. The 4500's with a red stripe on the front are not US.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 10:16 AM   #4

Nikon USA will not honor warranty work on Nikon Canada cameras. The U.S. models have a teal green grip stripe, all the others are red.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote