Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:42 PM   #1
Default Best digicam for wideangle?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:42 pm Post subject: Best digicam for wideangle?

I want some help please.

The 1st thing that my digicam will be for is pictures of rooms.

And I want deep, so wideangle is a must.

The vendor sold me a Nikon 4500 + WC-E63 WideAngle part.

But I steel have some trouble to get good pictures with the wideangle inside the house when there is not a lot of light.
And i can't use the flash because of the wideangle.

At the same price or less, I may take a Fuji 3800 or Canon G2.

So, what's the best digicam for what I want to do ?

I also want to do a lot of 360 views, so i want a good digicam with stitch or panorama assist if possible.

Slingky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2003, 4:43 AM   #2

Nikon Coolpix 5000 with wideangle lens is king of wideangle shots (19mm?)
TheeBadOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:04 PM   #3

Originally Posted by TheeBadOne
Nikon Coolpix 5000 with wideangle lens is king of wideangle shots (19mm?)
19mm wouldn't be a good choice for architectural photography. there's too much parallax. also, everthing gets pushed too far back to an extreme. architectural details tend to get lost.

with the old 35mm SLR technology, using a NIKON with a 35mm PC NIKKOR would be the most you would use for architectural shots. your clients wouldn't appreciate their rooms looking funny by using anything less than 35mm.

anything less than 35mm for architectural shots would only be good for stuff like shooting vertically directly underneath a dome, central core (like the GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM), circular staircases where you have only 1 vanishing point in your perspective.

ok...to be totally fair, the WC-E80 lens for the 5700 might be an exception to the comment on less than 35mm. I just got the thing a couple of days ago, and it seems acceptable for architectural use. you still have to watch how you compose your shots or parallax will set in. also, since you're shooting indoor interrors, you will need an external flash other than the built-in speedlight because the lens blocks the sensor/flash, misfires, and a lens shadow will show up in your pics.

don't know about stitching/panorama shot capabilites of the 5700 yet since I haven't gotten around to testing for those capabilities.
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote