Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:25 PM   #1
Default Print Quality form the Coolpix 4500's

I'm really leaning towards the CP 4500 because of its numerous manual control control options (the $200 rebate doesn't hurt either). I'm a bit reluctant though. Depending on who you listen to, some seem to indicate it is a great camera, while others are less than flattering. I think I can live with the shutter lag and some of the other negatives I 've read, but the thing I cannot live without is excellent print quaility (i.e. good focus, contrast, color, etc) as I will primarily print my pictures. If anyone has any comments concerning the print quality from this camera (especially from sizes larger than 4x6), I would greatly appreciate it.

mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2003, 3:07 AM   #2

Everything I've heard about the camera's photos has been good with the exception of the occasional blown-out highlights.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2003, 9:34 AM   #3

I've been using the CP4500 for 7 months and I'm very happy with the print quality via Photoshop and my Epson 895. As Advark50 put it you can get the occasional blown-out highlight but that, to my mind, is more of an exposure problem. I always shoot on manual with spot exposure for the subject and I normally underexpose - just in case.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote