Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 21, 2003, 2:21 AM   #1
Default My take on Nikon Coolpix 3100 in low light situations ...

So i have read a lot of recent posts about the Nikon CP 3100 and it's performance in low light situations, and some people's questions about it. Thought i might start off my participation in this forum with my take on it...

Well, i have used it in a few extreme low-light situations (dark dance club) and i think it performs pretty well. See the samples page of mine here:

http://www.pbase.com/tyler_in_sd/ (it is down now, but should be back up soon).

Parties, club, etc, it has been 99% right on with exposure, focus, etc. It also has a really cool 'scene' mode called 'party' which basically has a slow shutter speed, with a flash sync at the end. meaning you can have lights in the background show up in the photo, and then a flash at the end so the people in the forground are sharp and lit. It is like those cool club photos that have trails of lights in the background, but the people are sharp and lit in the flash.

i can help more questions if you guys have some. Also, feel free to read my in-depth pro/con on this camera here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read...&opinion=15648

Good times! this camera is great!

Tyler_in_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2003, 8:36 AM   #2

Those did turn out very good!

Did you have the red eye reduction flash turned on for your photos? I noticed there was barely any red eye in the pictures.
Salvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 1:24 AM   #3

i didn't do the red-eye reduction on any of the photos. neither the on-camera red eye reduction, nor the nikon view software electronic red-eye reduction. they most just turned out alright on their own.

i love this camera!
Tyler_in_SD is offline   Reply With Quote