Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 22, 2003, 6:15 PM   #1
Default 4500 panorama help please!

Well, I know how to do it but the problem is that my pictures are not lining up correctly. Here is what I mean...I live at the end of a cul-de-sac. I took my tripod out into the middle of the street circle. I lined up and took a picture of my house and continued to pan over to get a panoramic view of the end of my court. It involved 5 pictures. I never moved the tripod...only turned the camera for each shot. When I viewed the pics and tried to stitch, I noticed that it would not line up the full length of the seam. So...once I lined up the roof-top of a house near the top of the pic, it wouldn't match up on the windows in the middle nor the sidewalk at the bottom. AND, once the sidewalk was lined up, the windows and rooftops were not aligned. There was actually a difference in the distance between these items! Anyone know how to correct this problem when taking the pics? It is like some sort of distortion is occuring or something. Thank you!
ttkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2003, 4:25 PM   #2

What I know is, to get a good panorama shot, the center of the tripod should align with the axis of the lens. In 4500 case, the tripod socket/hole is well offset from the lens axis. You should get/make something that can shift the lens axis to the center of the tripod.

It will look something like this: http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...&sku=INKSKE900

But instead of the flash, it should be where you mount it on the tripod, while you can shift the camera side to side to get a good alignment. I don't know where you can get such bracket.

PS: Hopefully I explain it clearly, since my english isn't that good
gared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 10:35 PM   #3
Default Thank you...

Thanks so much for your post. I happen to have that exact bracket for an external flash but never thought about using it on the tripod...guess I'll try it. Thank you!
ttkac is offline   Reply With Quote