Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 2, 2003, 2:52 PM   #1
Default Nikon 4500 Capabilities ?

I am considering the Nikon 4500. I need answers in order to decide if I should actually purchase it. At the moment I am a bit confused.

(1) How Safe is a REFURBISHED NIKON 4500 CAMERA ?

(2) Will a 64 MB FLASHCARD TYPE I work in the 4500 if fitted into a regular adaptor used for downloading via the average USB FLASH MEMORY READER ?

(3) IF SO ... can you get more images than 21 with a 64 MB card as suggested at some websites ? Currently I have a KONICA and I get 513 images in the ECONOMY MODE (which turns out to be the best possible image with this KONICA . Or is the ONLY way to increase the # of images accomplished by increasing the size of the memory card ?
exclusively and NOT thru settings on the 4500 ?

(4) Is purchasing a Nikon Coolpix 4500 (or any other Digital Camera) on Ebay, without the UPC barcode a good idea ???

(5) How many images are possible with 1 GIG of storage and does a 1 GIG MICRODRIVE have any advantage over a 1 GIG FLASH CARD ??? It would seem that the CARD would provide the more STABLE storage method since there are NO MOVING PARTS (yes/no)

I know I am asking a lot here in one post but the purchase of this camera is important to my continued business practices.

Thank you for all responses.

baggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links