Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 15, 2003, 9:28 PM   #1
Default Nikon CP950 file/pixel adjustment?

I have a Cool Pix 950. I am also new to digital photography, so bear with me. I need to be able to take email size photos. So far, the photos I've taken have a large file/pixel size. I found on the camera how to read the file size which is located on the playback mode and then dialing the dial in front of the shutter button. The question I have is this...Is there a way to adjust the file size that the camera will take before I take the shot or after I take the shot? Or is this something that can only be done with editing software? If it can be done, please walk me through the steps to make the adjustments needed.
B'ham, AL
GO RUEBEN !!!!!!!!
TinaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2003, 10:35 PM   #2

If it is anything like my 990, hold down on the right most button under the rear LCD panel (QUAL button) and turn the dial behind the shutter until the display says VGA which is 640x480.

Also be careful though since each time you depress the QUAL by itself, it also changes the compression (ie the quality of the picture) from Fine, Normal, to Basic. This button is dual-use... so double check your settings 8)

You can always re-size the pictures after they are taken like you said, which is what most people do with free programs like Irfanview... Doing it before will prevent you from enlarging the pictures if you decide to change your mind afterward. ops: http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ight=irfanview
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote