Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 12, 2002, 11:19 AM   #1
Default Coolpix 885

I keep reading reviews of the Coolpix 885 camera that complain about "significant shutter lag time" when taking a picture, where you loose the shot you wanted because there's such a delay from when you press the button to when the picture appears on the screen. Is this something I need to worry about with the 885, or is there some way to combat the problem? Has anyone had this problem? I like this camera otherwise, but I would buy another camera if this was a legitimate problem.
tjmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2002, 12:48 PM   #2

I own an 885 and am very pleased with it. There is a definite shutter lag with it. It has cost me many a shot. What I do now is to prefocus to the area where I want to shoot and press the shutter button half way down. This will allow the camera to sample the scene, set the white balance and so on. This seems to help. Many people that I have spoken to have similar problems with different camera's. It seems that the only way to get around the problem is to buy one of the newer more expensive models.

[Edited on 7-12-2002 by cgdunn]
cgdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:50 PM   #3

I used coolpix 885 and have to state it's the grate camera. Considering the small size and what it produces - it's just what the consumer need. Many functiones and manually managable tasks. Pictures were grate too, panorama & macro. macro could be seen on the link in the signature in "macro" album.

However, one happy day I have connected my coolpix885 to another laptop and it shown me "system error" on the LCD. Since then, my camera is dead.

Regretfully there were no warranty/technical; center in my country. I still could not find teh solution. R.I.P.

Had to buy new SONY F707 which in one word is just "fantastic" !

Hope to have helped.
CEBEP is offline   Reply With Quote