Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:31 PM   #1

Have not used camera in 2 1/2 years. ( I know kinda dumb). Changed new batteries and could not get shutter to work. When I press shutter release, nothing happens. It powers up ok. Battery strength good. When I open the camera back, the film winder advance works but not the shutter. Any suggestions. As I have no manual and am now not familiar with the camrea, I may be doing something wrong
IslandBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:03 PM   #2

This may be unrelated to your situation but I have a CanonA1 (film) and many years ago I went through the same dilemma.

I hadrelegated the A1 to a secondary role and found that I had , at some earlier date,turned the shutter dial all the way down into the 30 secondmetering range.Soone dayafter deciding to use it again I tripped the shutter release andnothing happened. I discovered, finally, that since the camera had a 30 secondmeter readingon it, the conclusion I came to, and surely to the camera's relief, :-)was since the camera lens was pointed to the floor, between my legs, it was trying its darndest to get a reading but couldn't. I only discovered this after severalattemptsat trying to figure out why the shutter wouldn't release and since I was doing thiswithin that 30 second time span I couldn't get anything to work. So once I noticed this I took it offthe 30 second delay. Howevereventhis wasn't enough, until I decided toraise the shutter speed considerably. Of course once the meter detected some kind of light the shutter tripped. Whew! I thought I had a repair bill looking at me.

Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote