Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:57 AM   #1

Hello, Hope someone can help

My camera is no longer under warranty and the small plastic clip on the battery cover has just snapped. The keeper on the main camera body is ok though. My thoughts were to either buy a replacement battery cover from a repair shop or possibly buy a second hand/faulty camera off ebay (as long as the cover was ok) and then to fit it myself. I like to think that I am pretty handy when it comes to fixing things but I've never attempted to fix a camera before.

Does anyone know how the battery cover is removed and the new one installed :?

There is a small circular metal bar that passes through two plastic hinges on the cover itself and the bar is then held in place in the main camera body at either end of the cover.

The camera body appears to be in two halves and these are joined together with a plastic trim that runs along the two sides and across the top and there are small screws holding it all together. Is it a case of just taking all the screws out and seperating the two halves to allow the small circular metal bar to be removed or is there an easier way.

If I do have to seperate the two halves, is it better to have the camera facing up or down when I seperate them. Usually with things like this I end up choosing the wrong option and the components end up springing out onto my lap.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mister M
Mister M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links