Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:19 PM   #1

Ihave an Olympus E-100 RS, and want to buy a new high-speed, high capacity memory card for it.

Trouble is, I'm not sure just how large or fast a card will work.

I've read that anything larger than 2Gb (like the 4Gb or 8Gb cards) will require a camera that can use FAT32 file system, and I don't know if the E-100 does or not.

Anyone know?

Second, could the newer high speed cards (with say 100X speed) boost the performance of the camera?

Thinking that perhaps the transfer between camera buffer and been bottle-necked by the speed of the old standard speed memory cards.

If not, is there any other advantage to the new High-Speed cards?

Any drawback or problems?

arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:45 PM   #2

Quite a dinosaur you have, there! I had to check it in the reviews on this site to even know what modelthat was.

You'd probably get more responses in the digicam section- this is the digital SLR spot, but the specs I saw, and remember this is 2001 we're talking about, don't mention FAT32 and I wouldn't assume that will work with the bigger cards.

Get a 1GB Sandisk Extreme card. That should serve you well, but there probably is a "topping out point" in the speed department with this camera due to the technology involved. I'm sure the card will be faster than the camera's capability.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply -

I probably would replace it ... if I could find it's equal.

Trial and error, then I suspose.
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote