Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:19 PM   #11

I agree with Jorgen's last comment...if the E-400 had come out after the E-1 instead of E-300 I would have jumped on it; I thought the E-1 was too big and bulky.
I'm sure we all would have bought an E-400 had it come out before the E-300 and E-500. Why wouldn't we? Olympus didn't have an entry level E-sytem camera then. Naturally we'd buy an inexpensive 10MP camera.
When I wrote that I would have bought the E-400 if it had come out after the E-1, I was implying with the E-300's specs, at 8mp not 10mp.

It's the body style and controls we're talking about here, nothing else withstanding.

Many people who have commented about the E-400 have complained it's too small and they removed too much grip from the body, but the first time I picked up the E-300 I thought it was too fat (I was using a C-700 before that which had a small grip (used the C-700 for three years), and the same film SLR for 20 years before that which also had a smallish grip). That's why I commented that I would have preferred the E-400 design.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:45 AM   #12

i found this in my travels
thought you guys might like to see it
i was surprised !

Attached Images
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:54 PM   #13

This E-400 would be perfect for astrophotography.
JLBENEDICT is offline   Reply With Quote