Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:08 PM   #1

Any suggestions for getting really close shots of flowers, insects etc with my E-500.....I don't seem to be able to get the results I want from the 2 kits lenses....(14-45 mm and 40-150mm). A friend of mine sent me some conversions lenses that attatch to the front but they don't make a significnt difference and I read somewhere here that using those is not reccomended for these lenses....and I can't afford to ruin my lenses...This is a shot I took using my previous camera....I used it's macro/supermacro settings and I was pretty much right up to the flower......this is what I want to be able to capture w ith my Oly.....can I do it with the lenses I have? What do I need to get to be aBle to produce reults like this and better?
Attached Images
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:41 PM   #2

Well, the 2 lens kit is pretty nice kit, however, its just a 'general lens kit' as well..

From what I have noticed, most people usually will get rid of the 17-45 lens and trade that for a 14-54.. Obviously the 14-54 has a little more 'functionality'. Also, most people will also grab a macro lens. I would suggest for those up-close macro shots of flowers and such things, looking at the olympus 35mm f3.5macro or the 50mm f2 one.If your budget can spare the change, grab the 50mm one!!

I'm sure once you have a 'true' macro lens, your close up shots will be much much better.

Hopefully that helps you get those close ups that you want.
Tat2dGuy is offline   Reply With Quote