Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:01 PM   #1

i am looking to buy a nice telephoto zoom lens and i want to get a teleconverter with it just for that little extra zoom.now if i buy a sigma lens do i have to buy a sigma converter.or if i buy a olympus lens do i have to buy a olympus converter.or well both olympus and sigma teleconveters work with both lenes.THANK YOU PAT.:?iam using e-500 sorry i for got to say would help.:?
hotrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2006, 6:50 PM   #2

I'll start off by asking you what kind of camera are you talking about?
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:02 PM   #3

Hi Pat

You may be able to just use the Oly teleconvertor with any 4/3 lens with your E500 but I could be worng and it may only just work with the Oly Zukio lenses.

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 8:59 AM   #4

For the E-500, the ONLY teleconverter you should use is the type that goes between the lens and the body, and that means the only teleconverter available is the Olympus EC-14 which is a 1.4x.

You DON'T want to use one of the teleconverters that screw onto the end of the lens...the lens isn't designed for that much weight on the end of it, and you will damage your lens if you do so.

If you are using OM lenses with your camera, you can use an OM teleconverter (but again it goes between the lens and the body).

Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote