Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:35 PM   #1

Can anyone help me out im looking for a price on the e-400 and were you can buy it .I know you cant buy in in the us so i have no idea were to start.THANK YOU (PAT):|
hotrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2006, 11:55 PM   #2

UK/Europe. Or wait to see what comes out of the PMA show regarding an "upgraded" E-4xx.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:10 AM   #3

Re. price in for example Spain, see for example Pixmania EUR 959 (fallen a bit as used to be above 1000) at http://www.pixmania.com/es/es/401762...d-14-42-m.html
(you can change to other currencies by clicking on the flags at the bottom).

For comparison, Redcoon (no credit cards): EUR 929 http://www.redcoon.es/index.php/cmd/.../10013/Reflex/

However, I doubt any shop will export it to the US.

jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:07 AM   #4

I agree with Mike, best to wait a couple of months and see what improved version of the E4xx Oly brings to the table.

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 1:11 PM   #5

Tank you all i think i well wait to see what they come out with for an upgrade. HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL (PAT)
hotrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:09 AM   #6

A tidbit was just shared with me last night about E-400 and the next three DSLR's that Olympus will be releasing later this year.
Starting with the so called E-3. The question is will the high end E DSLR be called the E-3 or could it be called the E-4. Remember the release of the E-400 in Europe, the E-4 could be very well a soup-up version of the E-400 with the addition of a functional control and battery grip (Extra). It appears that this camera was more than a limited distribution but a test platform for some very new designs and advances. BUT later this year, Olympus will also release the E-400 here in the U.S. and Canada as the Evolt E-400. As for the so called E-3 or E-4 model, this camera may still be composite but the final decision to make the body out of a light metal alloy has yet to be determined. It all comes down to keeping cost down and the composite body is looking like the body of choice.
The other Model, that Pro Model that we have seen a mock up of. Rest assured, the look of their new pro beast will be very much in line to the mock up, and Olympus may be staying with the Camera name of E-P1 for (E series Pro 1).
And the last slip was very interesting. It appears that there are a few E-1's with a new ten mega pixel sensor and electronics in the field. Could these cameras be just testing a new sensor for the future or could Olympus be planning a factory upgrade to the E-1's already in the field.
If you check the Olympus Web Sites, they still consider the E-1 as the Primary Pro camera in their offering. Nor have they officially stated that the camera is no longer being manufactured.

lamb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:31 AM   #7

now thats interesting
and it makes sense

consumer grade dSLRs are to be fought on price, so E4 or whatever is in a logical band with Canons 400 and D40 Nikon. Can you believe Canon plucked out spot metering to keep the price down...

And a 10Mp E1 or EP1 would save tooling for a new body, metal chassis and all that.
And that would make the 2 cameras we heard about in other rumours. Taking their sweet time to release it so perhaps there were issues with the sensor like banding etc

The missing are the Panasonic 4/3 with EVF.
The thin glass lenses

Expected are glass from Leica D, and the rest of the Sigmas

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote