Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:02 PM   #21

E-300 was discontinued Jan 7, the day after I got mine (hey it was cheap)
i think E-500 has just been discontinued in Japan today

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:25 AM   #22

I am Uske wrote:
It sounds like Oly wants to mimic Canon and Nikon by having D SLRS that all use the same family of lenses but has a D SLR at several price and feature points to attract a wide variety of buyers.
If you only recently came into the E-system you might not know the first body was a pro body (E-1), and only later got into consumer bodies (the E-300, and then the E-500). But this was the plan from the start...we've been waiting though for a pro body for too long now. What's wrong with covering all markets?

I was into it from the start, but I didn't like the E-1 because it was too big, bulky, and heavy for my wishes...I would have loved the E-400 instead of the E-300 because it's more like the film camera I used for 20 years was (would have been more perfect with aperture and shutter controls like the L1 from the start).

As for the balloon, the E-10 is something totally different...the E-10 actually existed before the E-1 came out. The E-10 & E-20 aren't part of the E-system...they're known as E-Series cameras, dSLRs with non-removable lenses.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote