Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:57 PM   #1

If any of us ever hit the lottery and need an all in one super zoom + sherpa, then the 90-250 would be it. This must be one of the very few reviews of the lens, so here it is:

Now what i don't understand is why they did not use an E330/DMC L1 for the review, perhaps to show as a comparison between IQ using the lens, and esp as he raises the question that the camera, in this case the E1 being the weak link. He's also raised the question of size/weight of the lens indicating that it in theory as a 4/3 lens it ought to be smaller. Personally, lookign at those pics it looks a lot smaller than I thought it would.

from the looks of the new 50-200 and 14-35SWD's I'm wondering whether Oly with the new SWD lenses will do just that over time, redesign of the entire mid-top pro glass so that they have SWD, are slightly smaller and lighter ?

Finally, lets hope the E3/E1-P is competitive with the D300 IQ wise from ISo100-1600, so that lenses such as the Top Pro can really show the benefits of the system.

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2007, 7:13 AM   #2

HarjTT wrote:
If any of us ever hit the lottery and need an all in one super zoom + sherpa, then the 90-250 would be it.
Hi, Harj

A sherpa's fee might be less expensive than that lens. It makes the 35-100F2 seem almostaffordable. But it's nice to know Oly has lenses like that.

I too have high hopes for the E-3. I'm surprised there havn't been any more leaks about that camera, given that the release date is suppesed to be pretty soon.

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote