Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:18 PM   #1

I am reading whatever comes by about the E3. It is a camera I think I might like having as an upgrade. But, images such as the one here of my grandson off the E-300 cause me to wonder how could the E3 create a better image. I know there are shot conditions and types where the E3 would be superior with IS and certain other features but images such as this from the E-300 surely do keep me happy while awaiting the E3 decision.

Shot in the stands at a high school football game with reasonable lighting at a distance of about 10 feet.

tnx for looking,

E-300 50-200ZD f/2.8 @ 50mm w/+0.3EV no flash

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:56 AM   #2

I agree Bob. I've got the E500 and it's so easy to get carried away with the excitement of a new model introduction that you lose sight of what you've got. Sometimes when I'm searching through the files I think "That's a good picture, that must be a recent one" only to discover that I took it with the camera before last - the C-900 with all of 1.3 megapixels!

That's just a great shot of your grandson, and you'll still think that when we're all on to the E6 or whatever!

Best wishes,

RosemanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:28 AM   #3

That is a very nice shot Bob. It's like John said, It's easy to get carried away with the new stuff. All most of us need is to really learn to use what we have tothe camerasbest abilities and our abilities will follow right along, getting better as we do so. With the cameras out today, you could just about pick one blind folded and get really good shots.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote