Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 1, 2008, 4:27 PM   #11

Any model selling online for less than the advertised pricefrom the major photo stores are probably rip-offs. Beware of anything that you get from a low-bid link from Google (shopping cart USA, Broadway, etc.) Many of these "stores" are shuttered holes in the wall in Brooklyn, and change their name frequently to avoid prosecution from the Attorney General of that state. I just found a Canon 5D for $1100. Trust me, you'll "buy" it online, then you will get a call from a "salesman" who tells you that the darn LCD screen on the back is an "option". I'm not kidding, this happened to me. (I did this just for fun, I had no intention of actually buying one.)

The E-3 is a terrific camera, and the build quality is nothing short of class-leading. I was happy to drop the cash at Calumet a few weeks ago. You won't see this at Wal-Mart. Maybe the Canon XSI, or wimpy cheap things (not to say they don't make great pictures, though. I just wouldn't trust it in a rainstorm. I'd be happy to take the E-3 to my home in Sitka, Alaska... over 200 inches of rain per year)

Happy shootin!

Attached Images
ctedin2 is offline   Reply With Quote