Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:51 PM   #1

Hi All,

Is it possible to take double exposures with digicams (E-510 in particular)? I've seen some but wondered if it can be done in-camera or just during PP.

Thanks, Dennis
erutcip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:59 PM   #2

Not 100% sure if the e510 can do it but I do know the DMC L1 was able too, so Id assume the 510 shoudl be able to.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:36 PM   #3

No, not that you'd want to do that anyways these days...you have a LOT more control combining multiple exposures on the computer afterwards as you can alter the opacity of the multiple exposures; it doesn't have to be 50/50, you can make it 30/70, or 38/62.

Also you can shift the different exposures slightly to correct any problems...once you've done a double exposure in-camera it's locked and you're stuck if you've made a mistake.

I should add I've also done this with film, I have tried double exposures in-camera but once I started doing my own darkroom work and later edited images on the computer I got a lot better results compared to doing it in-camera.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:46 AM   #4

I agree with Mikefellh, take multiple exposers and combine them in your photo editor.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote