Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:22 AM   #1

Got home from a busy day yesterday and found the May issue of "Outdoor 'tog" in the post. So after dinner when I'd caught up on my email and checked in here to see if I'm missing anything, I sat in the comfy chair with the otterman by the fire and started to scan through it. I always scan first making mental notes of articles I want to look at in depth and the ads, to see what's new and what I can't live without, even if I can't afford them. A $5,500 camera safari to Africa doesn't sound too bad!

Then pretty soon I find I have my camera in my hands taking shots with different settings of my wife's bronze Budda head that we bought on the first day of our trip to China....and carted it around with us for a month! That was a cheap trip, my daughter live there..

I really need to get out more with the camera. We are taking a trip into Oregon at the end of the month to visit Sharon's mom and plan on stopping on the coast ay Otter Rock for a couple of days for my birthday. I'll be shooting the E500 there.

What got me going was the quote from Art Wolfe, a local boy here, for the intro to his book "Light on the Land" Too long for me to copy but it served as an inspiration to get out there.

One other thing the mag reminded me of was to "Make a Book" There are a few companies out there that do it but the Mpix ad caught my eye again. So what if it's only a 'one off' for your own coffee table but in this day and age you can make it look like something out of the best publishing house even if it's for my own personnel gratification.

Why am I writing all this? Well, I feel I'm among people here who share there thoughts and expertise on cameras here and enjoy their comments even though we don't always agree or it's not my genrebut I'm constantly picking up tips and ideas that are invaluable in the whole experience of photography.

Thanks, Ken
Attached Images
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links